Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year End Mashups 2014










                                                          So it's that time again where we exchange gifts, prepare scrumptious foods, get together, forget the bad things and cherish the good, and enjoy.


                                                               But one of the things I love about December is the year end reviews. I just love looking back the best (and the worst) things that happened recently this year. from movies, gossips, celebrities and, of course, music.


                                                                It was around 2009 when I heard a mashup. and it was from DJ Earworm. but I never liked it at that time. around 2011, DJ Earworm made me appreciate mashups. 


                                                                  Mashups were first born in 2007. and now 7 years has past, different mashups come out on YouTube. 


                                                                    Now, I'm going to give you my top 5 mashups of 2014, which each of my comments.


5. United States of Pop 2014 (Do What You Wanna)- DJ Earworm


                                                                                          It wasn't bad since he made up the bad mashup he did last year. but the one thing I love about this Mashup is that he has the sense of originality and knows the word, "mashup".

4. Pop Love 3- Robin Skouteris

                              
                                                                                   The bad thing about his mashup is that it's quite long, since it only consists of an almost 12 minutes. Though one thing that surprised me is that he included Conchita Wurst. but he did a good effort.


3. Pop Danthology 2014- Daniel Kim
                                                            To be honest, he was the only person I'm expecting to top off. but as I listen to it many times, It was a bit meh. but the mashup of Fancy, Talk Dirty and Turn Down was my fave.


2. Replay 2014 mashup (Let Go)- DJ Dreamport
                                                                                        The one thing I noticed in this mashup is that the only instrumental he mixes is Shake it Off. Plus the lyrics are good.


1. 2014 Anthem- Squiller
                                                                                             In all honesty, this has beat down EVERY SINGLE MASHUP!!! Nice transitions and not much thrown out. JUST AWESOME AND SUPERB!
                                                                     

                                                    As 2014 ends, I'm waiting for the 2015 yearend mashup. and I wish it would be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment