Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just Dance 2015 review





                        It's finally here!


                       The sixth sequel to the hit dance game, Just Dance 2015.


                   And I was lucky enough to play. In our place, I play Just Dance only in the arcade. And it was already installed just this Sunday. I was very happy that they finally released it to the gamers. (and I was only one who knew the dance steps to some songs.)


                      Anyways, so here is my review on the game.


                First off, the title. Well, the title is just too "stupid" (in my own opinion) I mean, Just Dance 2015? Lame much?! I was okay with Just Dance 2014 because it sound so futuristic. but fans were so confident that the title of the sixth sequel is "Just Dance 2015". Of course I resented the idea. and everytime they say Just Dance 2015, it makes me pissed off. and I was pretty shocked that IT IS Just Dance 2015. and I thought, I guess ubisoft call it Just Dance 2015 because of the fans. 

                          Second off, the upgrades. One of the upgrades of JD 2015 is the background and camera effects. For Example, One of the camera effects they have in the game is the zoom in and out, rotational and wide space if the character moves left or right. One of the examples of Camera Effects is Avicii's "Addicted to You", Katy Perry's "Dark Horse", Rihanna's "Diamonds", Pharell's "Happy" and Icona Pop's "I Love It." The Background effects are those edits in the game. but in this game, it's far from better from the fifth sequel. Like Pharell's "Happy", Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance", Icona Pop's "I Love It", Rixton's "Me and My Brokenheart" and John Newman's "Love Me Again".

                    Third off, Color of the background of Home. The color of the background of home is somewhere around blue green. But in my own opinion, I don't like it. It just doesn't scream "Just Dance".

                                    Fourth off, the modes of the songs. In Just Dance 2014, they showed one of the new modes of the game, which is "On-Stage Mode"; a trio mode. but on JD 2015, The On-Stage mode was out but there were some songs where there are three players. Like Katy Perry's "Dark Horse", Will.I.Am's "It's my Birthday", Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance", Bobby Mcferrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy", Zorba's "Epic Sirtaki", Ylvis' "What does the Fox say?" and Piero Umiliani's "Mahna Mahna". also, one of the modes that can't be present from the previous sequel are Versus Mode, Sweat Mode and Extreme Mode. However, the background of Extreme mode is there, but it's not called "Extreme Mode". Same with Sweat mode, but is rather called "Fitness Dance". However for the Dance Mash-Up mode, they bring back the old and original Dance Mash-Up mode, which was in Just Dance 3. meaning, the original background of the Dance Mash-Up mode and the number of players, Duet and Crew. There are new modes in the game which Community Remix and Sing-Along. The Community Remix is a mode wherein they play some recorded dances from players from around the world and of course the gamers are going to copy them. (Note: It's not related to Dance Mash-Up). While Sing-Along is not related to On-Stage, but features 3 players in a some sort of 50's theme and holding a microphone.

                               Lastly, the choice of songs. Somehow I can categorize each songs. There are The-Worth-It, Less-Worth-It, Not-Worth-It, and Don't-Bother. The-Worth-It are those songs that are worthed to play. Like, John Newman's "Love Me Again", Maroon 5's "Maps", Ylvis' "What Does The Fox Say?", Calvin Harris' "Summer", Avicii's "Addicted to You", Rixton's "Me and My Brokenheart", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go", Pharell's "Happy", and Run D.M.C and Aerosmith's "Walk This Way". The Less-Worth-It are the songs that are less worthed to play. Like Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance", Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" and "Birthday", Rihanna's "Diamonds", Ellie Goulding's "Burn", Iggy's "Black Widow", Ariana's "Problem", Los Del Rio's "Macarena", and Miley's "4x4". The Not-Worth-It are the not worthed to play. Like Jessie, Ariana and Nicki's "Bang, Bang", The Platter's "Only You (and You Alone)", and Will.I.Am's "It's my Birthday". and Don't-Bother are the songs that are, well, the songs that really players should try. and those are the remaining songs.


                          Overall, I give it a 7/10. Honestly, It's just lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment